One Red Zebra is a company dedicated to helping parents of Neurodiverse children navigate the next steps after a diagnosis. Learning to love and create a positive environment for our children to be loved As Is.
The Next Step Course:
This course is essential for every parent whose child has just been diagnosed with autism. It is a 6 week course, taught on Zoom, between 1-1.5 hours each week plus a one-on-one 45 min. coaching session each week.
The class size is kept small, focusing on creating community and support for each other.
It covers topics such as: What is Autism, Neurodiversity and Changing your mindset. How to positively advocate for your child. Getting organized for your child and setting up a medical binder, navigating resources. Creating community around both you and your child and positive strategies for both you and your child in regards to self care and bonding with the entire family. Resources are shared through out the 6 weeks and each individual coaching session covers topics like grief, your emotions, your long term goals for you and your child and how to reach them.
This course is for you if any of these apply:
- Your child has been diagnosed with Autism
- Autism is new to you
- You want clarity on things that will be a part of your parenting life from here on: such as advocacy, navigating resources and professionals, organizing paperwork and medical binders, OAP budget spreadsheets (Ontario residents) IEP meetings ect…
- You don’t know where to begin when it comes to parenting an autistic child
- you want a better connection with your child
- You want to have a positive community of parents around you who understand what you are going though; who remind you that you are not alone.
The goal of the course is to help you parents view this journey in a positive way, helping you feel more in control and confident about your parenting and the future. Helping you to recognize and celebrate your child’s strength and individuality. Giving you a core group of other individuals who are walking the same journey that you can lean on for support. One Red Zebra is here to help you clarify and work through what is next after a diagnosis.